Welcome to one of the hottest months of the year!
If you were away in December, your garden will most probably be restored to its previous glory by now. And we’re sure your veggie patch is coming along nicely too. Well done, you!
But there’s still much to do and prioritise before autumn arrives, so let’s dig in:
- First off, keep lawns at a decent length as going too short can expose the roots to too much sun.
- Spotting any pests? Manage termites, mole crickets and ants with organic insecticide.
- As per usual, get rid of weeds and cut away dead flower heads.
- Use a slow-release fertiliser in your flower beds and containers.
- Vegetables to plant: cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli
- Flowers to plant: cinerarias, gazanias, Iceland poppies, primulas, pansies, columbines, and aquilegias will flower in winter/spring if you plant them now.
- And mulch, mulch, mulch! It’s going to get hot in the garden and your plants will need it!
𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱?
𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿’𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀! 𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗸-𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗽-𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝘂𝗻.
Make 2022 the year you tick off your garden goals, with Wedgit!