Every New Year brings with it new goals in the garden. What will yours be?
Maybe it is time to get that herb and vegetable gardens started?
Whatever your goals are, simply spending more time getting your hands dirty and nurturing your beloved plants will be good for your mental and physical wellness.
Here’s what you need to prioritise in the month ahead:
- 𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗽 – let’s get rid of dead leaves and flowers, tidy up our beds, and trim roses back slightly.
- 𝗙𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗲 – feed indoor and outdoor containers, fruit trees and roses with slow releasing fertilisers.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝗰𝗵 – top up your mulch because this month will get very hot and dry and gardens will get very thirsty.
- 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 – Coleus, Begonias and New Guinea Impatiens in the shade and Dahlias, Marigolds and Petunias in the sun.
- 𝗦𝗼𝘄 – if you are looking to get that vegetables going now is a good time to sow seeds or plant seedlings for beetroot, carrots, brinjals, chilies and tomatoes, parsley etc.
If the idea of a year filled with drip-free hose connectors and kink-free hoses gets you excited, you are in good company. Making garden watering practical and fun, while saving water is what Wedgit is all about!
Made in South Africa for South African conditions!